Visit the Mysterious Roopkund
Visit the Mysterious Roopkund
Roopkund one of the most popular trek in India is locally known as Mystery Lake or lake of Skeletons is a high altitude glacial lake in the Uttarakhand state of India. It lies in the lap of Trishul massif and is famous for the hundreds of human skeletons found at the edge of the lake. The area is uninhabited, in the Himalayas at an altitude of 5,029 metres (16,499 feet). Surrounded by rock-strewn glaciers and snow-clad mountains, the lake is a popular trekking destination. For every adventure loving individual ‘Roopkund’ is a must do trek it gives one the taste of a great adventure as you climb from 8,000 ft to 16,000 ft in six days. Trail climbs out of dense dark forests breaking into Ali and Bedni Bugyal, arguably India’s most beautiful high altitude meadows. Out of the meadows the trail quickly gets into terrific alpine stretches. Climbing on snow to the Roopkund lake is a heart-pounding thrill. The beautiful Mt Trishul looms over the setting getting closer as you climb higher, when at a ridge above Roopkund, only air separates the trekker from them and Trishul.
- Arrive at Dehradun Airport, drive till Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Overnight Stay in Hotel at Srinagar.
- Drive from Srinagar to Lohargunj to Didna Village, Trek of 6.5 km. from 7,662 to 8,045ft. Accommodation in village home stay.
- Lohargunj to Didna Village, Trek of 6.5 km. from 7,662 to 8,045ft. Accommodation in village home stay.
- Didna Village to Ali Bugyal, Trek for 10.5 km. from 8,045 to 11,320 ft. Accommodation in tent.
- Ali Bugyal to Patar Nachauni via Bedni Bugyal and Ghora Lotani, Trek for 7km. From 11,320 to 12,818 ft. Accommodation in tent.
- Patar Nachauni to Bhagwabasa via Kalu Vinayak, trek for 4 km. from 12,818 to 14,117 ft. Accommodation in tent.
To See The Full Itinerary Click Here
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff.
- All necessary permits and entry fees and GST
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipment's: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent,utensils and crampon (if required).
- Travel support service from Dehradun/Rishikesh to Rishikesh.
- Mules to carry the central luggage.
- MAP Plan for Stay at Rishikesh & Srinagar
Things to Carry
- Sunscreen cream and Hand sanitizer
- Moisturiser and Antibacterial powder
- Toilet Paper & wipes Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Sun cap 1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Balaclava 1 Nos.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles, use contact lenses or Photo chromatic glasses.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip)
- Floaters/flip-flops 1 Pair (Optional)
- Cotton socks 5 pairs
- Woollen socks 3 pairs
- Gaiters 1 Pair
- Waterproof gloves 1 Pair
- Fleece/woollen gloves 1 Pair